Wednesday 7 August 2019

Sweet treats are made of these.....

I like fruit with dessert and made a deluxe version of eggy bread today. I am also going to try my sister's crumble creations (photos attached) and post the recipes later. For now try out my take on the humble bread dipped in egg!

 

I used 3 eggs whisked along with a splash of milk. Dipped a wholemeal bread slice until it had absorbed the egg mixture and cooked on medium heat in a frying pan with a tablespoon of vegetable oil. Cook on both sides until there's a nice caramelised glaze. Add chocolate buttons and drizzle with a butterscotch sauce. Serve with your favourite fruits and a nice dollop of honey yoghurt.


Crumble mixes don't have to be stodgy! These are made with a mix of porridge oats, almonds and coconut butter. One is a raspberry & mango crumble and the other is peach with a toasty crumble.

No comments:

Post a Comment