Monday 23 September 2019

Breakfast Pancakes

I am big on breakfasts and believe in starting my day with a happy belly so I can get on without thinking about food! I made this for a friend who was dropping in for a quick hello before going to work.


Makes 2 generous portions

Ingredients
60g porridge oats
2 heaped tbsp yoghurt
1 tsp honey
2 medium eggs whisked

Method

  • Mix all the ingredients and rest for an hour in the fridge.
  • Prepare berries or any fruit topping of your choice along with sauces to go with the pancakes.
  • I like to defrost assorted berries as the juices give enough sweetness to the pancakes however put anything you like from chocolate, nuts, yoghurts and/or butterscotch sauce!
  • Place a lightly oiled baking parchment* in a frying pan, heat on medium and put 2-3 tbsp of mix. Spread out to get the thickness you prefer.
  • Cook on one side for 2-3 minutes (may need more cooking time if pancakes are thick) then flip and cook the other side for a few minutes or until cooked through.
  • Serve with your favourite toppings.
*I put a piece of baking parchment as it saves the pan from becoming sticky and its easier to clean :)

No comments:

Post a Comment